Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Stocking

My first quilting project! My first Christmas stocking! My first embroidery project! All for my first little girl!

I used the pattern from this delightful blog/store. Overall, it was not too difficult to make, one of the hardest parts was finding the fabric I wanted to use. I ended up buying a charm pack for the pieced front.

Some of the instructions were a little lacking in detail. Perhaps if I had more experience, I would not have found it confusing. In particular, I did not understand her instructions for attaching the cuff along the top, but I figured out a method that worked and I'm happy with how it turned out.

This was also the first time I used the embroidery function on my new sewing machine! It was actually really easy to set up and get it going! I used one test piece of fabric to figure out what to do and what I wanted it to look like, then I figured out where on the cuff fabric I would need the name, and voila! A personalized Christmas stocking! Yay!

Has anyone made anything to use for Christmas or decorating? I'd love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment