Saturday, April 26, 2014
24 Hour Readathon! Starts Now!
So it's a little after 8:30am here and I'm just getting started. I love this readathon and I hope to participate throughout the day but it's unlikely I'll be able to do much. My almost 8 month old just went down for her first nap and daddy is out today so as soon as she is up, I won't get much done.
Anyways, here's the opening meme questionnaire:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? PA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Allegiant by Veronica Roth, I'm about halfway through and I would love to finish it today! After that, if I have time and energy, I'm up in the air about a couple books. I'd love to start the second book in the Way of Kings series by Brandon Sanderson but I have some library books that I should probably read instead, like The Stand by Stephen King or The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar. Fiction is probably easier for a day like today but I do love non-fiction as well. Any input on these books?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Hmmmmmm, apples and cheese! Yummy, filling, and won't make me want to take a post-food coma afterwards ;-)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! My favorite book is Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Last October I was too tired to do much reading since baby girl was only 6 weeks old and I was barely sleeping. This time around, I know I'll be busy but I think I'll be a little more prepared to sneak in reading throughout the day, plus after she goes to bed :)
.... and now off for a little reading before naptime is over!