Wednesday, April 23, 2014

24 Hour Readathon!

It's Coming! The 24 hour readathon! Yay!!!

This Saturday!

8AM (EST) - 8AM


I've participated in a number of the 24 Hour Readathons, I started about 3 1/2 years ago, after hubby and I got married and I started my first blog, By the By Books. I've never quite made it the whole 24 hours, but I've done my best and enjoyed the experience every time.

The readathon happens twice a year, in October and April. Last October, I tried to participate but I think I managed to read all of a half hour. Little girl was only 6 weeks and I was still getting almost no sleep. 

This Saturday my hubby will be away volunteering but I'm hoping to take advantage of little girl's naps and read during that time, rather than trying to do housework or other projects I have going on. I'd also like to try to join the community a little more during this readathon, rather than just focusing on cramming as much reading in as I can. Maybe I'll finally figure out how Twitter works so I can join in the conversation and excitement on there.

If this at all intrigues you, I hope you'll consider joining the fun! It may sound overwhelming, but there is no pressure! The readathon is a day to celebrate reading and the enjoyment we can gain from books. Whether we are reading them, listening to them, or talking about  them with others. Please join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment